The premise behind the Yeti ASR 7's development was to create a trail bike with even more travel and descending capabilities than the 575 platform, and still be a capable climber. Well, you have exactly that in the ASR 7: 7" of rear-wheel travel in a 7.5 lb package.
The main pivot location and leverage ratio make the ASR 7 an efficient pedaling machine. But when gravity takes over, that's when things get fun.
The fully custom hydroformed tubeset enabled Yeti to optimize the weight-to-stiffness ratio of the frame. With this frame it is possible to build a 29 lb complete 7" travel bike. Pair that with a tapered headtube, 12mm custom rear thru axle, swingarm mounted front derailleur, ISCG mount, gravity dropper cable routing, and an ultra stiff carbon dogbone, and you have your do-it-all bike equipped for tackling the accents and ripping down the descents.
With the ASR 7 you have all the tools to take on whatever the trail throws at you, and not think twice about it.
2010 Yeti ASR7 Frame Features:
• Fully custom hydroformed 7005 Alloy tubeset
• Tapered headtube (1-1/8 1-1/2)
• Carbon dogbone link
• 7" rear wheel travel
• Fox RP23 or Fox DHX air custom tuned
• ISCG '05 mount
• Custom front derailleur mount allows e-type derailleur to mount
• Custom 135 x 12mm rear thru axle
• Cablestop for adjustable height seatpost
• Titanium hardware
• Replaceable derailleur hanger
• Published weight 7.5 lbs
• 30.9mm seatpost
• E-type front derailleur (attaches to swing arm w/ included mount)
• 135 x 12mm rear axle spacing
• 73mm bottom bracket
• 160 - 200mm rotor
• ISCG '05 mounts
• Recommended fork travel - 160mm
Available size : Small frame only